Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Finding JOY in the time of Trial

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and COMPLETE, not lacking anything.

This scripture was the focus of my daily devotional the other day. It never ceases to amaze me how God reveals himself to me daily. I have never been a great bible reader but the past year and a half it has been a great comfort being reminded that God is right along side us. There are many times that I catch myself feeling overwhelmed and in despair over a situation. And every time I see the work of God and am reminded that it is all in his plan. We are just along for the ride and we need to place complete trust in him and know that even in trial we can find joy. Maybe not the joy that makes you jump up and down or hoot and holler but pure joy knowing that God believes you can handle it and feeling thankful that he knows you will be faithful even in this trial.
This past year we have run into waiting list upon waiting list. I have spent countless hours on the phone just to be told "I'm sorry but we have a waiting list for that service." The trend seems to be: hurry up so you can wait. As a mom, it is such a terrible feeling knowing your child is slipping and there is nothing more you can do.(that is except prayer-which I do a lot of!) We have been waiting to get Lochlan on a waiver that will provide ABA therapy as well as medicaid and respite services. I applied last november and we have been maneuvering through the red tape most of the winter. I was told in February that he was approved but now we have to wait for a service provider. The last couple months have been really rough at our house. Lochlan has been regressing terribly and we have not been able to anything more than OT and working with him at home. His frustration over not being able to communicate builds every day and he has been engaging in self injurous behavior increasingly. I have been feeling really down and desperate especially the last couple weeks. How would this fit into God's plan? Why should we have to sit and watch him slip further and further every day? Today I got a call from our service provider and they have assigned us a case manager. We are meeting tomorrow to get things moving with the waiver. I have never been so happy in my life! So whenever you face trials and I know every parent does remember that he's in charge and try to find joy in the midst as it was planned from the beginning and these trials will help you become the person he wants you to be.

1 comment:

Henry Robinson said...

Buy diethylcarbamazine online belongs to a class of drugs known as anti-helminthic. It's utilized within the remedy of bug infections and filariasis. It will act against every larval and person type of the parasitic worms that motive filariasis.